Reasons why Payson is the "Best Spot" in America
CLIMATE: Average recorded temperatures (1940-2005)
- Average Low 29o | Average High 72.5o | Wind Velocity 4.5 mph | Annual Precipitation 21.5”
LOCATION: Payson lies in the very “Heart” of Arizona. Check the Map - Just an 80-minute drive to Sky Harbor Airport; 90 minutes to the Heart of Scottsdale (Scottsdale Rd. & Frank Lloyd Wright), which has some of the finest restaurants and world-class shopping in the USA.
LIFESTYLE: Recreation Abounds
- Hiking - Payson enjoys hundreds of miles of trails in Rim Country.
- Camping - Many Forest Service Camp Grounds & open camping throughout the Tonto, Coconino and Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests.
- Horseback Riding - The surrounding National Forests provide hundreds of miles of spectacular riding in the Rim Country Wilderness.
- Boating, Fishing & Water Sports - Roosevelt Lake (largest lake in AZ) is just 45 minutes south of Payson. Roosevelt is annually one of the top fishing lakes in the USA. Also, several Spring-fed lakes exist within 60 minutes on top of the Mogollon Rim.
- Golf - The Rim Golf Club & Chaparral Pines are two private Golf Course Communities. GolfWeek ranked The Rim at #11 and Chaparral Pines at #13 in “Best in State for 2019-2020”.
CLEAN AIR: Payson has been known for its’ clean air and has an EPA rating of 81 of 100.
SMALL TOWN AMERICA: Payson exemplifies the traditional small-town atmosphere, which translates to; friendly people, low crime rate, minimal traffic congestion, quiet & private neighborhoods, excellent Police, Fire, and Rescue response time. Slower pace as neighbors still wave and say hello, more quality time with family and friends, so it’s no wonder that Payson won the following awards:
- Best of Small Towns (2016)
- Top 20 Safest Cities in Arizona
- Second Best Commuter Cities in Arizona
NO EARTHQUAKES: Payson is one of the least seismographic areas in the continental United States. In the 1950s, the US government monitored Russian underground Atomic Bomb testing by placing sensitive equipment under our surrounding National Forest land. It could determine when Russia was actively detonating A-Bombs in Russia.
BEAUTIFUL SCENERY: With the Mogollon Rim providing such a dramatic landmark to the North, thousands of acres of surrounding mountains and continuous Ponderosa Pine forests, together with the Mazatzal Mountain Range to the Southwest, Payson residents constantly enjoy 360-degree panoramic long-distance views of our beloved “Rim Country”.